Mini-grants are awarded to South Lakes High School staff on a first-come, first-serve basis, and the PTSA makes an effort to distribute these funds equally between all grade levels.
In respect for teachers’ time and efficiency, the PTSA adopted the following protocols:
- Mini-grants shall not exceed $350 per request.
- Staff may make one request per year, unless the PTSA finds itself with an overabundance of funds during the last two school months of the year. This information will be made available to the staff.
- Staff are not required to attend PTSA meetings to defend mini-grant requests.
- Mini-grant requests are reviewed by the Principal and the PTSA Executive Committee, and grants are reported during monthly PTSA meetings.
- To receive a mini-grant, the staff member must be a member of the South Lakes HS PTSA.
- The staff member must submit receipts to the PTSA Treasurer for reimbursement.
- Staff requesting software or hardware purchases must work with IT to assure that the program or device has been approved for use by FCPS prior to submitting a mini-grant application.
To submit a mini-grant request:
- Download the paper application.
- Obtain approval from Principal Retzer.
- Place the application in the PTSA President’s mailbox in the school office at least one week prior to a PTSA meeting.
The PTSA will email staff members who have requested grants after the request has been discussed and decided.